The Discipline is Emerging, the Opportunities are EXPLODING!
Checkout the Diverse career paths of Fellowship-trained Obesity Medicine Physicians.
Caroline Andrew, MD (Weill Cornell, ‘18)
Attending Physician, Hospital for Special Surgery
Director, Weight Management Program
Working to drive down costs and improve outcomes in the orthopedic world as director of the weight management program at an orthopedic surgery center.
Nadia Ahmad, MD, MPH (Harvard, ‘11):
Senior Medical Advisor, Obesity Product Development, Eli Lilly
Guiding the development of more effective anti-obesity medications as a senior advisor in the pharmaceutical industry.
Anthony Millard, MD (Boston, ‘19)
Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Working in a state-of-the-art academic setting to expand obesity research and care to a diverse patient population and broaden obesity knowledge among medical trainees.
Holly Lofton, MD: (Geisinger, ‘08)
Director, Medical Weight Management Program at NYU School of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Surgery
Maximizing weight loss in post-bariatric surgery patients and streamlining weight loss in patients with complex medical needs utilizing pharmacotherapy and metabolic optimization.
Fatima Cody Stanford, MD, MPH, MPA (Harvard '15)
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics
Director Of Diversity- Nutrition Obesity Research Center at Harvard (NORCH)
Combining science, clinical care, and policy work to drive down disparities in obesity care.
Pornpoj Pramyothin, MD (Boston, ‘12)
Assistant Professor at Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand
Impacting global obesity treatment as an educator, researcher, and obesity medicine specialist in Thailand.
W. Scott Butsch, MD (Harvard, ‘08)
Associate Professor of Medicine at Cleveland Clinic
Paving the way for the next generation of subspecialty trainees by launching a new obesity medicine fellowship program at a prestigious medical center.
Katherine Duncan, MD (Texas'16)
Obesity Medicine Physician
Abrazo Medical Group, Phoenix, AZ
Making a significant impact on patient care in a multi-specialty medical group setting as an obesity medicine specialist.
Job Opportunities with preference for Fellowship-trained Obesity Medicine Physicians
Summary of Position
Lehigh Valley Health Network is home to one of the nation’s busiest bariatric surgery centers, performing more than 800 surgeries per year across our network. Our bariatric surgery team is the largest in the region and has performed more than 5,000 total surgeries in the past 15 years. We are accredited as a Level 1 facility by the Bariatric Surgery Center Network Accreditation Program of the American College of Surgeons. We are also first in the region to offer less-invasive LAP-BAND surgery, in addition to laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery.
In a bariatrics career with LVHN, you will experience:
- A team of multidisciplinary experts, including dietitians, behavioral health specialists, occupational therapists, and surgeons
- Enjoy no-call responsibilities as well as the benefits of working for the area’s largest employer
- The full support of a large health network while still connecting with the community to provide local care and surgery
- Opportunity to teach medical students/residents/fellows
- Schedule: Monday -Friday 8:00-4:30
- No weekends, holidays or call
- Eligibility for faculty appointment through LVHN's academic affiliate, the University of South Florida
Benefits & Perks:
As a nationally certified Great Place to Work™, we acknowledge the dedication of our colleagues and offer a generous Total Rewards package that makes LVHN an even better place to work and grow your career. Explore our benefits.
- Starting Bonus
- Resident and Fellow Educational Stipends
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- CME Time and Allowance
- Relocation (if applicable)
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine, as well as Obesity Medicine through the American Board of Obesity Medicine
- A current PA Medical License or the ability to obtain one is required
For more information, please contact:
Catherine Sommers, Physician Recruiter
Position Title: Obesity Medicine Physician at Form Health
Form is a virtual obesity medicine clinic delivering evidence-based high-quality care. All patients work closely with their physician-led care team. Through our mobile app patients engage in regular video visits, texting, photo journaling, digital data transmission, and customized education. We provide the highest standard of clinical care, and treat every patient and team member with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer. We seek an obesity medicine physician to provide longitudinal telehealth obesity care, and to collaborate with advanced practice professionals and registered dietitians towards exceptional team-based care. We seek MD applicants who:
● Are board-certified and diplomates of the American Board of Obesity Medicine, licensed to practice and
prescribe in the US. We prioritize multiple state licenses.
● Are committed to an evidence-based approach to obesity management
● Have experience with telemedicine and collaborating with APPs and RDs.
● This is a full-time, remote opportunity, and schedules can be flexible
To apply please submit your CV to Stefan Marquis, Clinical Recruiter (firstname.lastname@example.org) If you are passionate about helping people improve their health through weight loss and are open to innovative care solutions, join our team!
Summary of Position
West Virginia University School of Medicine and the Department of Medicine seek an Obesity Medicine Specialist qualified for appointment at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor rank. The successful candidates will be expected to practice in Morgantown, WV. (Depending on operational needs, a successful candidate may also be assigned to provide services at additional worksites in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. In such instances, travel would be anticipated and expected to fulfill said duties at these additional sites).
The Medical Weight Management Clinic is the non-surgical part of the WVU Medicine Medical and Surgical Weight-Loss Center. In addition to individualized medical weight loss plans, the Center offers bariatric surgery and bariatric endoscopy services. The Medical and Surgical Weight-Loss Center delivers a superior quality of care with state-of-the-art surgical technology. The Center provides a, team of highly trained healthcare professionals from a range of medical fields who specialize in safe and healthy weight management.
Our team approach to treating obesity incorporates dietitians, clinical psychologists, advanced practice professionals, and nurses. We are the first center in West Virginia to receive advanced designation in obesity medicine as an accredited center through the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. At WVU, you will work with a team of over 30 outstanding and experienced internists. All subspecialties are present and available for consultation within the clinic and hospital. New clinic facilities offer state of the art practice space. WVU Medicine facilities system-wide use the Epic health information system enabling safer, more coordinated patient care. We incorporate telemedicine, shared medical appointments, and care team meetings for panel management into our weight management program.
Duties: In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will also be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows. Scholarly activity, including quality improvement and research, is encouraged.
Qualifications: Applicants must have an MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent and be eligible for state medical license. Candidates must have completed an accredited internal medicine, medicine-pediatrics, or family medicine residency program and be board-certified in their primary specialty. They must be board-eligible for the American Board of Obesity Medicine. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The WVU Health System is comprised of eighteen member hospitals and three hospitals under management agreements, anchored by its flagship hospital, J.W Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, a 700+ bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care.
Morgantown, West Virginia is located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA and three hours from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD. Morgantown is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, visit WVU Medicine Medical Weight Management at https://wvumedicine.org/ruby-memorial-hospital/services/wvu-specialty-clinics/medical-weight-management/
Visit http://wvumedicine.org/careers/ to apply and for additional questions, or to submit your CV directly, please contact Erin Mills, Manager, Physician Talent Management, at email@example.com
Summary of Position
Catholic Medical Center is seeking a Full Time Bariatric/Obesity Medicine Specialist to join our multidisciplinary team at New England Weight Management Institute. This career opportunity offers a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, moving allowance and no state income tax.
For over 20 years, CMC’s New England Weight Management Institute (NEWMI) has offered the most advanced surgical and nonsurgical obesity treatment in the state.
- First program in NH since 2009 to be Accredited through the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- Work within a multidisciplinary team composed of bariatric surgeons, advanced practice providers, registered dieticians, psychologists, and nurses.
- Comprehensive program includes nutritional, exercise and behavioral health counseling
- Implement treatment with the pillars of nutrition, physical activity, stress management, sleep and when appropriate anti-obesity medication.
- Individualize plans for each patient to meet their unique weight loss and health goals that are sustainable and effective for long term weight loss and health
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine with extensive experience or fellowship training in Obesity Medicine. ABOM certification preferred.
About the Compensation/Benefits
- Employed Position with competitive compensation and Sign On Bonus!
- Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plans, CME and more
- Relocation allowance available
About Catholic Medical Center
- Catholic Medical Centeris a 330-bed full-service healthcare facility dedicated to providing health, healing and hope to all.
- Catholic Medical Center offers full medical-surgical care with more than 25 subspecialties, comprehensive orthopedic care, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, a 24-hour emergency department, inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services, and diagnostic imaging.
- Named one of America’s Best-in-State Employers 2022 by Forbes! CMC is proud to be the only healthcare organization in New Hampshire to make this prestigious list.
About Manchester, New Hampshire
- Very desirable four-season community
- Ranked by top publications like Fortuneand Money Magazine as the best place for raising children
- Comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, excellent public schools
- Vacation where you live! The ocean, mountains and Boston are all within a short driving distance offering numerous cultural and outdoor activities.
- The Manchester-Boston Regional Airport is just minutes away.
- No State Income Tax or Sales Tax!
Please send resume and cover letter to Connie Potvin, Physician and APP Recruiter, Connie.Potvin@cmc-nh.org (603) 314-4721.
Summary of Position
Westchester Medical Center, the flagship hospital of the WMCHealth Network, is seeking a full-time physician to join its academic Division of Endocrinology. This unique position affords the opportunity to practice endocrinology with a focus on obesity medicine, and to play an active teaching role in an ACGME-accredited endocrinology fellowship program. Qualified applicants should be board certified or board eligible in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, and should demonstrate an interest in academic medicine. Completion of an Obesity Medicine fellowship and/or board certification in Obesity Medicine is preferred but not required. The successful candidate will provide outstanding clinical care for patients with the full spectrum of endocrine disorders, including the comprehensive medical evaluation and treatment of patients with obesity.
As the major tertiary care referral center serving a seven-county area, Westchester Medical Center boasts a widely diverse patient population. Multiple colleagues in endocrinology provide support in clinical care, while an expanding team of specialists in cardiology, nephrology, radiology, nuclear medicine, OB/GYN, cardiothoracic surgery, bariatric surgery, vascular surgery, neurosurgery and transplantation work side by side to provide comprehensive care for patients with diabetes, endocrine, and metabolic disorders.
Competitive salary and benefits are offered, including support for CME activities. Academic appointment to New York Medical College, located on the WMC campus, is commensurate with credentials and experience. We are centrally located on 600 picturesque acres in suburban Westchester County, New York, just 30 minutes north of New York City. Excellent schools, dining, cultural events and outdoor activities make Westchester an ideal place to work and live.
Summary of Position
The Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition is seeking an outstanding physician leader to join our team in the Nutrition & Obesity Medicine Program in the Department of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center. We are seeking a physician with a strong interest in the care of patients with obesity, diabetes or other endocrine conditions in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. We currently have a multidisciplinary nutrition and weight management team with physicians, NPs, RDs and a LICSW managing a busy ambulatory clinic as well as a strong collaboration with the Bariatric Surgery team. In addition to the ambulatory program, the team provides Nutrition Support Services to inpatients and consults on post-op bariatric surgery patients. The Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition has a strong research program in diabetes and obesity and has several ongoing clinical trials involving our diverse and underserved patient population. We have also been national leaders in training obesity medicine specialists via our Obesity and Nutrition fellowship program since 2009. The section is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body is actively recruiting candidates with a strong commitment to teaching, patient care, clinical investigation, and program development/quality improvement.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate must have a MD, MD/PhD. Candidates with an MD must be board eligible/certified in obesity medicine and/or endocrinology and metabolism. Candidates must have, or be eligible for, a full Massachusetts medical license or equivalent certification/permit as determined by the Medical Board of Massachusetts.
- Clinical background in Obesity Medicine
- Obesity Medicine fellowship or at least 3 years of prior clinical experience in Obesity Medicine
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
According to BUMG (Boston University Medical Group) standards/regulations
Special Instructions to Applicant:
The applicants should send a C.V., a letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Position
Temple Health is seeking a full-time Medical Bariatrician to provide medical management to patients in our growing Comprehensive Medical Weight Loss Program.
Temple offers a comprehensive approach to weight management, inclusive of surgical and non-surgical options. In this role, you will work within a multidisciplinary team composed of bariatric surgeons, registered dieticians, psychologists, nurses and medical assistants, and coordinators. Our goal is to provide patients with a highly individualized weight management plan. We believe in the importance of setting realistic expectations and achievable goals with patients. We promote the incorporation of lifestyle management - consisting of healthy dietary practices, exercise and movement, stress management, adequate sleep, pharmacology and bariatric surgery, when appropriate. Our program is dedicated to serving patients engaged in medical weight loss as well as both pre- and post-operative surgical patients.
Additional information about the bariatric program can be found here: Temple Bariatric Surgery Program
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Seeing new consultations for medical weight loss patients.
• Obtaining a weight history and integrating past medical history, surgical history, family history, social history, medications, and other relevant information.
• Managing overweight and obesity for a population with complex medical and psychosocial conditions/needs, within a multi-disciplinary team, utilizing surgical and non-surgical weight management modalities - including lifestyle medicine, pharmacology, and bariatric surgery.
• Assisting in the ongoing management of patients who have undergone or who are planning to undergo bariatric surgery, as well as patients who are pursuing non-surgical weight management.
• Participating, as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, in quality improvement projects as required by the ongoing Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) accreditation process.
• Participating in team and care planning meetings, and collaborating with the care team to bring innovative and creative ideas to enrich program growth.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive suite of benefits – including a generous 403b retirement match, health, dental, vision, life, malpractice, tuition remission, CME, and more – the position offers a uniquely supportive practice environment strengthened by Temple’s mission-driven culture to provide and promote world class equitable patient care, research, and medical education. The program also provides mentorship opportunities for new faculty. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent
• Successful completion of residency in Internal or Family Medicine from an ACGME accredited program prior to start date
• Board certification in primary board
• Board certification or eligibility in Obesity Medicine (ABOM)
• Ability to obtain an unrestricted medical license from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to employment
Temple Health is one of Philadelphia's leading academic medical centers, with 20 clinical departments; 8 basic Science Departments; 13 Research Center (all of which are engaged in patient care education and research) and more than 1,000 physicians and scientists sharing the mission of bringing innovative treatments to patients. Our highly skilled clinical faculty are committed to providing:
• Education that is patient-centered, instilling in learners the School’s ethic of human service and lifelong learning;
• Research that advances and integrates basic and clinical science; and
• Patient care that is administered with compassion and understanding, utilizing contemporary knowledge and techniques.
Procedure for Candidacy
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. Your application will not be considered complete and until you have submitted all of the required documents and information. All documents must be in PDF format.
Application materials must include a curriculum vitae; a personal statement summarizing your experience, qualifications, and career goals; and three professional references, including names and contact information. A statement describing participation in activities that promote diversity and inclusion and/or plans to make future contributions is strongly encouraged.
For confidential inquires and or questions about the opportunity please contact Jessica N. Vega, Senior Physician/Faculty Recruiter, email@example.com
We are especially interested in qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups. For more information about diversity at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine, please visit the Office of Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for employment at Temple University, unless granted a religious or medical exemption (see www.temple.edu/coronavirus)
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), located in Charleston, SC, and the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases are seeking a full-time academic Obesity Medicine specialist to participate in clinical care, research and teaching. Applicants must be Board Certified in their primary field such as Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and BC/BE in Obesity Medicine.
The Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases at MUSC has a distinguished history of clinical, translational, and basic research as well as a reputation of excellence in clinical care and education. Now under the new leadership of Dr. Marc-Andre Cornier, the Division is focusing on cardiometabolic disorders such as overweight/obesity and expanding on clinical services, research and education in this area.
The successful applicant will be experienced in and passionate about Obesity Medicine. This individual will work closely with and support other providers, including bariatric surgeons, endocrinologists, internists, gastroenterologists, psychologists, advanced practice providers, and dieticians with the ongoing care and treatment of physician-directed weight loss and wellness services. This individual will provide comprehensive care for the surgical and nonsurgical management of overweight and obesity and will be comfortable with managing weight related comorbidities. This individual will also have an essential role in contributing to the growth and development of comprehensive weight loss and wellness center services at MUSC.
The appointee will work with teams from bariatric surgery, endocrinology and primary care, including advanced practice providers and dietitians. Teaching duties will focus on education of fellows, residents and medical students, as well as improving faculty and staff education in the field of Obesity Medicine.
Additional Job Description
The successful candidate will hold an academic rank commensurate with experience.
MD or MD/PhD board certified (or board eligible) in Internal Medicine.
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
The Bariatric and Metabolic Institute (BMI) at the Cleveland Clinic is accepting applications for a full-time, non-tenure eligible academic Obesity Medicine physician. An academic appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor to Case Western Reserve Institute commensurate with the candidate’s academic record will be offered.
Responsibilities include providing direct patient care (including telemedicine) in the BMI, supervising advanced practice providers, precepting the obesity medicine fellow and residents, and participating in educational and research activities. Opportunities to build clinical obesity medicine programs, create educational programs and participate in a variety of research collaboratives are available within the international Cleveland Clinic enterprise.
Within the Digestive Diseases and Surgery Institute, the BMI has become one of the largest, most complete interdisciplinary obesity centers in the country with more than 25 clinical providers, including 3 ABOM-certified obesity medicine physicians (1 obesity medicine fellowship trained), 7 psychologists, 4 advanced practice providers (3 NP,1 PA), 4 registered dietitian nutritionists, 4 registered nurses, 1 exercise physiologist , 9 bariatric surgeons, and 1 bariatric endoscopist. More than 5000 obesity medicine patient visits and approximately 750 bariatric surgical cases are completed annually at the BMI. Outside of the clinical practice, this group has greatly contributed to the science and clinical practice of obesity medicine, with several national and international leaders in the field and leaders in obesity professional societies such as the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and The Obesity Society.
Qualified candidates should be board certified or board eligible in internal medicine, family medicine or pediatrics. Candidates should also be board certified or board eligible in obesity medicine with added qualifications in obesity pharmacotherapy and have strong interest and experience in education and/or clinical or translational research. Candidates must be able to obtain an Ohio medical license and meet hospital credentialing requirements. We are unable to sponsor visas other than H-1B.
Interested candidates should apply online at: Cleveland Clinic Jobs
Please include a CV and cover letter with your application. Your cover letter can be addressed to:
W. Scott Butsch, MD, MSc, FTOS | Director of Obesity Medicine
Cleveland Clinic values a culture where caregivers integrate diversity and inclusion throughout the enterprise. We respect and appreciate our similarities and differences; they enable us to better serve our patients, one another, and our global communities. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.
The Division of Endocrinology in the Department of Medicine at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill is seeking a full-time obesity medicine physician with a tentative start date of July 1, 2022.
The clinical outpatient position has a mixture of responsibilities including precepting trainees, direct patient care, and teaching responsibilities to increase the capacity of the Medical Weight Program. UNC's multidisciplinary weight management services are multimodal with tight integration of lifestyle, behavioral, pharmacological, endoscopic and surgical therapies.
Academic rank is open and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants need to apply online at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/220668 by February 9, 2022. Provide a cover letter and current CV. Though the online portal indicates that the search will close soon, it will remain open until the position is filled.
Chapel Hill is a beautiful place to live and work in the North Carolina research triangle. Total compensation for productive clinical faculty is on par or better than most academic centers with especially attractive benefits. The work environment is very supportive and friendly, with ample opportunities for research and scholarship. We have a very active obesity pharmacotherapeutic trials unit, and candidates will have opportunities to get trained in conducting industry clinical trials and become principal investigators in future. All these benefits come with a bonus of the mild North Carolina weather well suited for year-round outdoor activities, easy access to the cultural activites in Raleigh and one of the state’s best public school districts.
Great opportunity to join Wentworth Health Partners Endocrinology and Diabetes Consultants, a growing adult endocrinology practice with over 30 years of delivering high quality healthcare. Endocrinology and Diabetes Consultants provides care for a broad spectrum of endocrine disorders including diabetes, thyroid disorders, obesity, and transgender care. We are part of the multidisciplinary team at the Center for Weight Management and Bariatric Surgery. Diagnostic ultrasound and fine needle aspiration can be performed on site. Our board-certified physicians are complimented by a team of diabetes educators to support advanced patient education programs. Our practice is focused primarily on outpatient care with limited inpatient responsibilities and located in picturesque Dover on the Seacoast of NH.
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Endocrinology
• Must be licensed in NH or able to be licensed in NH
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. Wentworth-Douglass Hospital remains among the nation's top hospitals for patient experience as a recipient of the Healthgrades 2021 Outstanding Patient Experience Award for the eighth consecutive year. Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value patient-centered care that enhances community health.
At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Primary Location 10 Members Way Suite 400 Dover, NH 03820 EEO Statement Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Center for Healthy Weight and Nutrition at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and the Department of Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Medicine is seeking a junior or mid-career faculty to join our team.
The Center for Healthy Weight and Nutrition offers a comprehensive approach to weight management in children. Our initiatives and programs focus on prevention, advocacy, medical and surgical management of childhood obesity in addition to a strong research component. The Center is staffed with physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, behavioral psychologists, recreation specialists, athletic trainers, social workers, nursing and administrative staff. In addition to educational activities for medical students and residents, the Center supports a childhood obesity fellowship program.
Qualified candidates for this position will be BC/BE in General Pediatrics, Adolescent Medicine, or Pediatric Endocrinology with a strong interest and/or prior experience in clinical research, teaching, advocacy or project management related to childhood obesity. Responsibilities will include providing care in our bariatric and medical clinics, teaching and participating in research and quality improvement initiatives, depending on experience and interest. Experience with clinic operations, quality improvement, program development preferred. Opportunity to have dual position in Primary Care or another appropriate department is negotiable.
The position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Additionally, there is an opportunity for participation in an incentive plan. Named to the Top 10 Honor Roll on U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-21 list of “Best Children’s Hospitals,” Nationwide Children’s Hospital is one of America’s largest not-for-profit freestanding pediatric health care systems providing wellness, preventive, diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitative care for infants, children and adolescents, as well as adult patients with congenital disease. Nationwide Children’s has a staff of more than 13,000 providing state-of-the-art pediatric care during more than 1.6 million patient visits annually. As home to the Department of Pediatrics of The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Nationwide Children’s physicians train the next generation of pediatricians and pediatric specialists. The Abigail Wexner Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is one of the Top 10 National Institutes of Health-funded freestanding pediatric research facilities. More information is available at NationwideChildrens.org.
Columbus, the Ohio state capital, is a thriving, diverse, technologically sophisticated city and the 15th largest metropolitan area in the U.S. Columbus is nationally renowned for its vibrant arts and culinary scenes. Quality of life and cost of living are outstanding.
To apply or discuss this opportunity, please submit your CV and cover letter via email to:
Ihuoma Eneli MD, MS
Center for Healthy Weight and Nutrition
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Inquiries and referrals will remain confidential.
The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health is expanding to add a general pediatrician to the Weight Management Program. We are seeking a board certified pediatrician for a clinical track position. The division has 16 gastroenterologists, 1 nurse practitioner, 3 pediatric psychologists, and many supportive GI dieticians and nurses. The gastroenterologists see patients at Riley Hospital in Indianapolis, IU North Hospital, and satellite locations around the state. The weight management program is located at the downtown Indianapolis hospital. The Department of Pediatrics and Division of Gastroenterology support a mission of excellent patient care, education and research.
Key Responsibilities and Program Details:
- We are the only comprehensive, multidisciplinary weight management program in Indiana. We serve a diverse patient population across the state.
- The program consists of a pediatric gastroenterologist, general pediatrician, two pediatric psychologists, and two registered dietitians. We are adding additional team members, including social work and care coordination in the next few weeks to provide more inclusive care for patients.
- We educate pediatric residents on how to educate and treat children with obesity to lead healthy lifestyles.
- We participate in the national Pediatric Obesity Weight Evaluation Registry (POWER). There will be dedicated time for education and scholarly work.
- The weight management team is collegial, supportive, and passionate about their patients and careers.
- Full-time position with strong work/life balance supported by standard weekday outpatient schedule & NO CALL
- Faculty appointment with the Indiana University School of Medicine providing opportunities to lead as a clinician educator and improve care through research
- Comprehensive benefits package provided by IU Health Physicians & IU School of Medicine
- Ideal candidate will have three or more years of experience
- General pediatrician, pediatric gastroenterologist or internal medicine-pediatrics physician are all encouraged to apply
- Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatrics
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
Experience MORE in Your Career as an Obesity Medicine Physician with Hartford HealthCare
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Obesity Medicine Program at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated health care system in CT offer physicians MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice alongside nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
The Hartford HealthCare Medical Group (HHCMG) has an opportunity for an Obesity Medicine Physician who is board certified in Internal or Family Medicine and has completed an accredited fellowship in Obesity Medicine or Board Certification in Obesity Medicine by the ABOM.
• Evaluate and medically manage patients with obesity and obesity related co-morbidities
• Join a multi-disciplinary team and enjoy close collaboration with Bariatric Surgeons
• Research and teaching opportunities are available
• We offer a Monday – Friday schedule with No Call
• We support your development and well-being through the respected HHC Provider Leadership Development Institute and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness
• We offer highly competitive compensation and an exceptional array of benefits
Located within two hours of Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER call, text, or email Benjamin Eberly at Benjamin.Eberly@hhchealth.org OR call/text phone 860-324-0073.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH is searching for an Obesity Medicine physician who is BC/BE by the American Board of Obesity Medicine to join us in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Weight & Wellness Center. The Center is the only fully integrated and multidisciplinary academic weight management center in the state of New Hampshire. The adult consultative clinic is a physician-led program providing comprehensive evaluations and management of obesity as a chronic disease with a focus on health and wellness. Our team includes registered dietitians, certified health coaches, wellness nurses, and an integrated culinary medicine team.
What we offer:
- Full-time position for a physician qualified in the evaluation and medical management of patients
- Opportunity to work with a collegial multidisciplinary team in a team-based, patient-centered practice
- The integration with a well-established MBSAQIP-accredited comprehensive bariatric surgery program
- Obesity-related research and teaching in a collaborative major academic medical center serving a large patient referral base
- Completion of an accredited fellowship in Obesity Medicine and BC/BE in Obesity Medicine by the ABOM
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine, and Internal Medicine sub-specialty, or Family Medicine
- Expertise in the field of obesity medicine. This field of medicine requires competency in the genetic, biologic, environmental, social, and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity and a thorough understanding of the treatment of obesity
- Competence with all non-surgical therapeutic interventions including diet, physical activity, behavioral change, and pharmacotherapy, and in providing peri and post-surgical care of metabolic and bariatric surgery patients
- Eligible for a New Hampshire medical license
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Norris Cotton Cancer Center, the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock; 4 affiliated hospitals and 30 Dartmouth-Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region.
CV and cover letter should be addressed to:
Richard I. Rothstein, MD - Chair, Department of Medicine
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.