CHECKLIST FOR FUTURE PROGRAM DIRECTORS
Interested in establishing an Obesity Medicine Fellowship Program?
This checklist is for new potential fellowship Program Directors. The purpose is to assist future Program Directors in setting up an Obesity Medicine Fellowship program that is comprehensive and has a high likelihood of success and sustainability over the long-term. The below bullet points are not requirements, but may be helpful in navigating the process of starting a new program.
- Create a 5-year expense and revenue budget.
- Will the fellow (s) be provided with a full-time salary commensurate with their level of training (example, PGY4)?
- Will the fellow (s) be provided with benefits, CME reimbursement, etc.?
- Create a 5-year sustainability plan describing resources for fellows, faculty, and administration.
- Click here for information on how to fund a fellowship program.