Interested in applying to an Obesity Medicine Fellowship program?
- Application window opens July 17, 2023. Priority Application deadline is November 1. Applications may continue to be accepted until positions are filled!
- Offer Date is December 4, 2023; however, programs will continue to make offers until they fill their positions.
- Complete the OMFC Standard Application. Click here to access the OMFC Standard Application.
- Gather your Documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement (including description of career plans)
- Transcripts of National Board Exams
- Recent Photo
- Identify the Programs where you'll apply.
- Identify the contacts to whom you'll send your application and materials (click + next to institutions listed below).
- Contact the 3 people who will write letters of recommendation and tell them where to send the letters.
- Three letters of recommendation are required (1. from your most recent residency/fellowship program director, 2. a recent supervisor other than your residency/fellowship program director, and 3. one additional letter from a clinical supervisor who can attest to your abilities). It is preferred that the letters come from the writer directly.
- Send your Standard Application and the 4 additional documents directly to the programs where you want to apply.
- Send your Standard Application and the list of programs to which you're applying to: OMFC Director Stacy Schmidt, PhD: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priority Application Window is July 17 - November 1, 2023 (we recommend not waiting until the November deadline to apply so that you have ample time to schedule interviews).
- Interview with programs that reach out to you.
- Create your list of preferred programs after you've completed all interviews so that you are prepared to give a timely response if you are offered a position.
- Offer Date is December 4, 2023. All programs will send out offers to their top applicants between 10am-1pm ET.
- If you receive an offer from your top choice, let the program director know as soon as possible and decline all other offers so that other applicants may be given offers.
- If you do not receive an offer on December 4, you may receive one later in the week or the following week(s) as programs go through their list of applicants.
- As positions get filled, the status of programs will be updated on the OMFC website so you can see where there are still openings.
- You may apply to additional programs that have openings if your top choices did not offer the position to you.
- Obesity Medicine fellowship programs do not participate in the Medical Specialties Matching Program; therefore, it is likely that some programs will make offers after December 4, as many candidates apply to multiple programs.
- Individual programs may choose to accept applications after the deadline, if necessary, and may request additional information from applicants.
Programs participating in the OMFC Application Process:
Click + to see application details and eligibility requirements for each program.
If you have any issues with the application or general questions, please contact:
Stacy Schmidt, PhD
Obesity Medicine Fellowship Council