Interested in applying to an Obesity Medicine Fellowship program?
- Priority Application deadline is November 1, 2022. Applications may still be accepted until positions are filled!
- Offer Date is December 5, 2022.
- Complete the OMFC Standard Application. Click here to access the OMFC Standard Application.
- Gather your Documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement (including description of career plans)
- Transcripts of National Board Exams
- Recent Photo
- Identify the Programs where you'll apply.
- Identify the contacts to whom you'll send your application and materials (click + next to institutions listed below).
- Contact the 3 people who will write letters of recommendation and tell them where to send the letters.
- Three letters of recommendation are required (1. from your most recent residency/fellowship program director, 2. a recent supervisor other than your residency/fellowship program director, and 3. one additional letter from a clinical supervisor who can attest to your abilities). It is preferred that the letters come from the writer directly.
- Send your Standard Application and the 4 additional documents directly to the programs where you want to apply.
- Send your Standard Application and the list of programs to which you're applying to: OMFC Director Stacy Schmidt, PhD: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priority Application Window is July 15 - November 1, 2022 (we recommend not waiting until the November deadline to apply so that you have ample time to schedule interviews).
- Interview with programs that reach out to you.
- Create your list of preferred programs after you've completed all interviews so that you are prepared to give a timely response if you are offered a position.
- Offer Date is December 5, 2022. All programs will send out offers to their top applicants at noon ET.
- If you receive an offer from your top choice, let the program director know as soon as possible and decline all other offers so that other applicants may be given offers.
- If you do not receive an offer on December 5, you may receive one later in the week or the following week(s) as programs go through their list of applicants.
- As positions get filled, the status of programs will be updated on the OMFC website so you can see where there are still openings.
- You may apply to additional programs that have openings if your top choices did not offer the position to you.
Last updated: 12/5/22 10:30pm ET
|Brigham & Women's Hospital|
|Position filled||Cleveland Clinic|
|Position filled||Hartford Hospital|
|Position filled||Harvard University|
|Johns Hopkins Medicine|
|Nationwide Children's Hospital|
|Accepting Applications||Northwell Health|
|University of Alabama- Birmingham|
|University of Colorado|
|University of Minnesota|
|University of Pittsburgh Medical Center|
|University of Tennessee|
|University of Texas|
|University of Toronto Sinai Health|
|University of Utah|
|Position filled||Vanderbilt University Medical Center|
|Wake Forest Baptist Health|
|Positions filled (2)||Weill Cornell Medicine|
|West Virginia University|
- Obesity Medicine fellowship programs do not participate in the Medical Specialties Matching Program; therefore, it is likely that some programs will make offers after December 5, as many candidates apply to multiple programs.
- Individual programs may choose to accept applications after the deadline, if necessary, and may request additional information from applicants.
Programs participating in the OMFC Application Process:
Click + to see application details and eligibility requirements for each program.
If you have any issues with the application or general questions, please contact:
Stacy Schmidt, PhD
Obesity Medicine Fellowship Council